The course will be based on the Primer and presented as a series of four modules: (1) Introducing Urban Heat and its Effects: The module will introduce the concept of rising urban temperatures as a key resiliency challenge for cities. It will explore the current macro-trends driving urban heat and the nature and causes of the urban heat island phenomenon. The module will also review heat’s wide-ranging negative effects on urban systems and populations. (2) Technical Solutions to Urban Heat and Barriers to Implementing Them: This module will introduce the concept of passive and active urban cooling and present a series of technical solutions to facilitate passive urban cooling. The module also explores the unique barriers to implementing technical passive urban cooling solutions that have slowed wide-scale adoption of these solutions in both the developed and developing world. (3) Designing, Adopting and Implementing Policies to Cool Cities: This module will focus on how cities can de
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!