The XL Academy is an online tutorial introduced during the XL Africa program – now made available to all entrepreneurs. It consists of ten intensive training modules, designed to complement mentorship. These modules are created to help companies looking to raise post-seed capital to scale. The advanced content is brief and action oriented: what are the most important things you need to focus on to accelerate funding, corporate partnerships and growth? Format of the tutorials are: • Instructor led videos, • Guest speaker videos, • Supplementary written content, • Additional reading materials, and • Worksheets. Participants will: • Learn the subtleties of communicating with investors and navigating the challenging process of fundraising, from an experienced investor, • Understand how to graduate from the Lean Canvas framework to scaling your business frameworks, and • Address the next set of questions and issues that follow completion of initial product delivery and early traction in your first market. With the Goals of… • Focusing discussions with mentors on the most urgent issues and most advanced advice, • Preparing for professional discussions with investors throughout the fundraising process, • Accelerating progress towards success in the long and often frustrating processes of fundraising, corporate partnership and scaling, and • Building on your initial success and breaking away from the pack. Module topics include: 1. Are You Ready? The Investment Readiness Framework 2. What Do You Mean, Risky? Investors’ Risk Reduction Framework 3. African Investors’ Due Diligence Priorities and Practices 4. Scaling Your Company 5. The Promise and Perils of Corporate Partnerships 6. Company Valuation 7. Options for Growth Investment Structuring 8. Understanding Term Sheets 9. Financial Models 10. African Investor Perspectives
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.