Water institutions and service providers face unprecedented challenges, linked to urbanization, climate change, water scarcity and financial pressures. This requires strengthening the water workforce, which in turn entails drawing on the best available talent and diverse skill sets. Yet, women and other excluded groups are starkly underrepresented in water jobs. According to the World Bank’s Women in Water Utilities: Breaking Barriers report, less than 1 in 5 of water utility workers are female. Moreover, they face many barriers to starting and advancing their careers in the water sector, However, there are many practical actions that a water institution can introduce to enhance diversity and inclusion in its workforce, retain staff, attract the best possible talent and thereby strengthen its operations and performance. This online course guides participants through the steps of identifying barriers that prevent women from participating and advancing their careers in the water sector and equips them with approaches and tools to address those very barriers. At the end of the course, participants will gain deep understanding of what can be done to improve women’s opportunities to access better jobs in water.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.