This e-learning course will explain how risk characteristics are identified, how this information is used to assess overall risk, and how this information is used to address risk. The course is an important prerequisite to the more detailed and intensive workshop provided by the Global Practice. The course provides staff with foundational understanding and knowledge of the core concepts and ideas around Disaster Risk Management today. The interactive online format allows participants to explore: the models and mini case histories applicable to Disaster Risk Management including the functions of the Risk, Exposure, and Vulnerability model as explained through interactive exercises and mini-case studies. the different DRM products available today and how they are applied This e-l
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!