This second course in “The Operationalization of One Health” series examines practical ways that One Health approaches can be incorporated into World Bank operations. It builds on an introductory One Health course, moving from a conceptual understanding to integration of a One Health approach in project Identification, Preparation, Implementation, and Completion and Evaluation. It reflects lessons learned from existing efforts, providing a realistic expectation of how the approach can add value across a wide range of World Bank Global Practices and contexts. In particular, it reinforces how multi-sectoral coordination can be utilized to optimize resources, minimize possible trade-offs, and maximize co-benefits to other sectors. Over its five modules, the course covers: specific entry points for One Health approaches; key tools and resources that can support identification and prioritization of investment needs at country and global levels; One Health considerations in the prevention, detection, response, and recovery from disease threats; incorporation into economic analysis and financial mechanisms; and management of project risks and monitoring of results. The course features a set of applied examples, many derived from on-the-ground implementation efforts.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.