The One Health concept recognizes that human health, animal health, and ecosystem health are fundamentally linked. While many of these connections are positive and sustain human life, zoonotic diseases and several other health threats demonstrate how our changing interactions with animals and the environment can result in risks and impacts to development outcomes. Recent epidemics and pandemics including COVID-19 highlight the need for improved prevention and preparedness. A One Health approach can help countries to improve their ability to effectively prevent, detect, respond and recover from disease events and prepare for future threats to public health systems at human-animal-environment interfaces. This module provides an overall orientation to One Health in general and within the World Bank. Section 1 examines the definition, context, and need for One Health, including the value addition a One Health approach can provide. The module will look at the impacts of recent emerging a
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!