The 2008 Joint Declaration on Post-Crisis Assessments and Recovery Planning commits the World Bank, the United Nations and the European Union to work together to support countries emerging from conflict and political crisis. This tripartite agreement is executed via the mechanism of Joint Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessments (RPBA) - a joint approach to identify and address immediate and medium-term recovery and peacebuilding requirements, while laying the foundations for a longer-term recovery and peacebuilding strategy. This course introduces staff to how to implement the joint declaration in conflict affected situations. This course provides an introduction to the RPBA approach. Participants will be familiarized with RPBA methodology, its key aspects and core principles, and the dynamics of the process. Modules address the overall approach, as well as the key actions and dynamics in each step of the RPBA process. The course has been developed jointly with the United Nations and the European Union. It offers participants an interactive and expanded version of the guidance available in the jointly developed Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessments: Practical Note to Assessment and Planning published in November 2016. The course is available to both World Bank and external experts.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.