This training aims at preparing social development specialists, researchers, consultants and partners for their new role in supporting the enforcement of the WBG’s new Gender Strategy in their operations, in particular, linking analysis, action, and outcomes to close the key gender gaps. Social development specialists are probably already convinced of the value of gender equality and have operational experience in its implementation through sectoral and regional programs. Against this background, this training will encourage a shift in the way WBG staff think about gender in their operations. There is little doubt within the WBG that the traditional gender mainstreaming approach has increased awareness among staff and clients about the importance of analyzing the gender aspects of development programs. However, evidence has also revealed the limits of mainstreaming in yielding results on the ground.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!