When it comes to infrastructure projects, “unsolicited proposals” (USPs) represent an alternative to the traditional project initiation method. In USPs the private sector rather than the public sector takes the lead role in identifying and developing a project. In practice, many public authorities around the world resort to USPs motivated by the perspective of solving the challenges brought by their lack of capacity to identify and develop projects. However, experience shows that many projects that originate as USPs experience challenges, including diverting public resources away from strategic plans of the government, providing poor value for money, and leading to patronage and lack of transparency, particularly in developing countries. To ensure that governments can mobilize the strengths of the private sector while protecting the public interest, USPs, when accepted, should be managed and used with caution, as an exception to the public procurement method. To help with this, the
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!