The Pacific World Bank Project Orientation Course provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills required by anyone who works on a World Bank-financed project in the Pacific. The self-paced course is designed so that learners can complete short 5-15 minute lessons in their own time and as their work schedule permits. The course has been developed based upon a Pacific-wide Learning Needs Assessment which identified the foundational skills and knowledge - the ‘core competencies’ - necessary for successfully implementing and managing Bank-financed projects in the Pacific. The topics covered in the course include: World Bank Expectations; Project Management; Financial Management; Procurement; Environmental and Social Risk Management/Safeguards; and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. The course complements the implementation support and supervision provided by World Bank task teams during project missions. The eLearning course can be taken as a standalone course or as a refresher for people who have attended the five-day face-to-face course of the same name.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.