The Landscape-based Approach is increasingly recognized as an effective mean to address challenges in food security, ecosystem conservation, and climate change. This e-course explains key features of landscape approach, governance and showcases. It presents useful tools in design and implementation of landscape interventions. It requires 4-5 hours of online learning. “‘Landscape 101’ shows that large –scale transformational change across an entire landscape is possible. Understanding and implementing critical steps, such as giving long-term land use rights to smallholders, penning livestock, or letting trees regenerate can lead to amazing results in just a decade. It’s an exciting time to replicate the enormous success we had for example on China’s Loess Plateau, where we were able to increase food security and lift farmers out of poverty by giving ecosystems a break.” --- Juergen Voegele, Senior Director, Agriculture, World Bank “What would it take to transform rural areas into resilient, sustainable and economically vibrant communities? It requires a landscape approach bringing multisectoral solutions. I am confident that this e-learning course will inspire teams to - #thinklandscape.” --- Julia Bucknall, Director, Environment & Natural Resources, World Bank “Climate Change impacts our society, ecosystem and economic prosperity. This e-course illustrates how landscape-based approach can help address climate change challenges through building resilience in landscapes and communities.” --- James Dominic Edward Close, Director, Climate Change, World Bank
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.