Every country faces the challenge of how to use public resources efficiently and effectively. Without good public financial management (PFM), governments may find challenging to use public funds to deliver essential services or focus on their long-term goals. How can countries’ PFM be evaluated in a way that supports sustainable development? With the PEFA Framework, we can assess and understand the strengths and weaknesses of a country’s PFM system and use this information to support improvements. The PEFA Framework has become the gold standard for assessing PFM performance – with over 650 assessments done in over 150 countries around the world at all income levels. This four-module self-paced e-learning course will provide an introduction to the PEFA Framework, how to understand and use it, and the process involved. The course also presents examples, offers guidance documents and background material. Participants will be invited to complete quizzes to test their understanding
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!