Introduction to Air Quality Management Welcome to the Open Learning Campus’ introductory course on Air Quality Management (AQM). Air pollution has become a major challenge to global health with the latest estimates from the Global Burden of Disease project suggesting that in 2015, nearly six and one-half million people died prematurely either from air pollution in their outdoor environment or from air pollution associated with the use of solid biofuels for cooking and heating in homes. Unfortunately most of these deaths are now occurring in the developing world. The World Bank is moving to address this major public health challenge through its Environmental Health and Pollution Management business line with the launch of the Pollution Management and Environmental Health (PMEH) multi-donor trust fund, through pilot programs to demonstrate how to improve air quality in specific cities, through research to improve our understanding of where air pollution is most prevalent and through lear
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!