As the developing world is urbanizing rapidly, urban mobility becomes a critical issue. Urban mobility impacts not only the health and well being of urban residents, but also is key to the economic and energy efficiency of urban areas. There is an urgent need for effective and efficient planning of urban transport that addresses the challenges of growing travel demand in a way that is equitable, sustainable, and affordable. Urban transport planning is very complex and urban mobility solutions need to be multi-dimensional in nature. It needs a comprehensive and holistic approach requiring a combination of supply side and demand side measures. Good urban transport planning should be more than just engineering and should encompass other important considerations such as land use planning, energy efficiency, emissions characteristics, traffic management, human behavior, economics, finance, public policy, governance, health, safety, gender, disability, affordability, ITS, etc. It is important to fully understand the linkages among these different dimensions. The key objective of the e-learning course is to develop capacity amongst those policy makers and practitioners responsible for urban transport planning and decision making, to understand urban transport in all relevant dimensions, and develop urban transport plans, programs and projects that are more integrated and sustainable. The course will comprise the following 7 modules: Module 1 – Introduction and overview Module 2 – Methodologies Module 3 – Governance Module 4 – Public Transport & Complementary Services Module 5 – Beyond Public Transport Module 6 – Financing and PPP Module 7 – Social and environmental issues
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.