Integrated Urban Flood Risk Management (IUFRM) analysis and design options are different from traditional flood risk management interventions. IUFRM focuses on all sources of flooding, and balances structural and nonstructural management techniques according to stakeholder goals and environmental contexts. This integrated approach is increasingly seen as vital to ensuring safety and sustainability. This eLearning course shares key lessons learned from Japan’s IUFRM efforts to help members of the international community improve their own local approaches to managing urban floods. The course is structured around the knowledge note series on Japan’s experience covering topics of: i) assessing and communicating urban flood risk, ii) planning and prioritizing urban flood risk management investments, iii) designing and implementing urban flood risk management investments and iv) operating and maintaining urban flood risk management investments.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.