The course outlines some key Financial Management issues raised by fragile and conflict-affected states which are among the most important faced by the international community as a whole. Fragile states pose different challenges for addressing the problem of corruption, weak financial management systems, governance, absence of government and presence of conflict than normal development contexts. Development partners including the bank struggle to find effective strategies for addressing these weaknesses in such situations. A reluctance to deal with the issues of corruption that inhibit the increased usage of country systems has been standard practice as political leaders in fragile states are seen to block reform when faced with an aggressive PFM reform agenda. The tendency with development partners including the Bank has been to focus on delivery of services rather than build systems and institutions. Owing to weaknesses noted, the need to respond effectively given the key challenges
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!