Hand hygiene within a hospital prevents the spread of infectious diseases, including communicable, respiratory illnesses like COVID-19 and influenza. This course provides the tools to implement a hand hygiene program in a health care facility, including the reasons why a hand hygiene program is important, how to assess and establish the necessary infrastructure and requirements, how to engage staff in compliance, and how to measure performance. Course Overview This training course is based on internationally recognized hospital quality requirements, including best industry practices and includes the following topics: Importance of implementing a hand hygiene program Establishing the infrastructure Establishing the requirements Engaging staff Measuring performance Objective Be able to assess, implement, and monitor a hand hygiene program in a healthcare facility.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.