Falls can be prevented, especially in a hospital setting. This course provides tools to implement a fall prevention program, including infrastructure, assessments and processes, fall reduction tips, and compliance monitoring. Course Overview This training course is based on internationally recognized hospital quality requirements, including best industry practices and includes the following topics: Importance of implementing a fall prevention program Establishing the fall safety team Establish infrastructure to prevent falls Establishing the fall prevention culture Promote fall prevention for patients Assessing and reducing patient fall risk Engaging at the interpersonal level Reassessing fall risk Managing and assessing post-fall Monitor fall prevention compliance Monitoring compliance Objectives Establish a
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!