This course guides participants through patient safety requirements recommended by the World Health Organization and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. It focuses on the methods and tools available to help a healthcare facility improve their patient identification processes.
This training course is based on internationally-recognized patient safety practices, including patient identify requirements and best practices in hospital patient identification. It includes the following topics:
- Why is it important to identify patients correctly?
- How do you identify patients correctly?
- When should you confirm a patient's identity?
- How do you implement and monitor patient ID compliance?
After taking this learning path, participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain why it is important to identify patients correctly.
- Explain how to identify patients correctly.
- Recognize when patients should be identified.
- Define patient identification monitoring and compliance requirements.
Target AudienceAny hospital personnel involved in patient safety.