This course guides participants through patient safety requirements recommended by the World Health Organization and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. It focuses on the methods and tools available to help a healthcare facility improve their patient identification processes. Course Overview This training course is based on internationally-recognized patient safety practices, including patient identify requirements and best practices in hospital patient identification. It includes the following topics: Why is it important to identify patients correctly? How do you identify patients correctly? When should you confirm a patient's identity? How do you implement and monitor patient ID compliance? Objectives After taking this learning path, participants are expected to be able to: Explain why it is important to identify patients correctly. Explain how to
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!