Agriculture is the world’s leading emitter of methane and nitrous oxide, and the principal driver of deforestation. Agriculture contributes a quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions. On the other hand, Sustainable Land Management for agriculture can play a major role in mitigating climate change through reducing GHG emissions and increasing carbon sequestration. It is essential to understand and quantify the GHG emissions and carbon sequestration potential of agricultural and sustainable land management projects, when we talk about sustainability and low-carbon development. In this e-course, you will receive an introduction to several Greenhouse Gas Accounting Tools that could be used to analyze Sustainable Land Management projects, policies and strategies. It will start by explaining why it is necessary to carry out Greenhouse Gas accounting analysis as part of sustainable land management investment planning. It will then lead into sharing a series of key concepts when it comes to GHG accounting. Finally, it will introduce six of the most commonly-used GHG accounting tools for Sustainable Land Management projects. After 45 minutes of learning, you will be able to choose the most appropriate tool that works the best for your projects.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.