The course was jointly prepared by the World Bank’s Transport Global Practice and Open Learning Campus, and the UN Women´s Training Centre and the Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces Global Initiative. It provides an understanding of the often-invisible gender aspects surrounding mobility in the transport sector that make the sector “gender-blind,” and therefore unable to consider the mobility needs of its diverse range of users and specifically, women and girls. It also looks at difficulties women face in getting jobs and climbing the career ladder in the transport sector—a sector dominated by a male workforce. Importantly, the course shares concrete solutions designed to support the shift towards greater gender equality in the sector. The course includes recaps throughout that repeat briefly what has been studied to facilitate knowledge retention. It finishes with a short quiz to test the participants’ knowledge.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.