Improved access to energy can improve the quality of women’s and men’s lives in many ways, including time savings due to electrification, lighting for reading and access to entertainment via radios and televisions; and access to new jobs and improved livelihoods through energy services, infrastructure and technologies. This self-paced course has been developed for social development and energy specialists, policy makers, practitioners, and members of civil society interested in learning about the linkages between gender equality and energy using recent research, data and country level experiences. Participants can take this course at their own pace either in one sitting or through various sessions. Please expect to spend 3-5 hours to complete the six modules which consist of video presentations, readings, quizzes, and interactive problem-solving exercises. The modules cover the following topics: 1) Overview; 2) Electricity Infrastructure; 3) Energy Access: Household Energy and Rural El
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!