Stakeholder and public support are critical for an enduring and robust carbon pricing policy. How can jurisdictions communicate their carbon pricing policy to create and maintain this support? What stage should communicators be involved in the policy making process? What do research and case studies say about effectively communicating carbon pricing? The interactive online course takes you through the basic understanding of how to integrate communications into the design of a carbon pricing policy. This course is developed by the Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR), and in collaboration with Climate Focus. The Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR) is a forum for collective innovation and knowledge exchange, and a fund to support grant-based technical assistance and capacity building to scale up climate change mitigation through market-based approaches. The PMR generates and disseminates a substantial body of knowledge on various aspects of carbon pricing. Amongst others, the ‘Guide to Communicating Carbon Pricing’ is a comprehensive resource that provides step-by-step guidance for developing carbon pricing communications strategies.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.