Discover how Pacific island countries respond to disasters and the important roles played by finance personnel. Disaster Risk Finance in the Pacific: Get Ready to Respond! will introduce you to key disaster and finance legislation, as well as the procedures and organizational structures used to coordinate disaster response. You will discover the roles of finance personnel at different stages of disaster risk management and the critical functions of finance personnel in preparing for and responding to disasters in the Pacific. Through the exploration of country-specific information and case studies you will gain the skills and knowledge to perform key finance functions in disaster preparedness and response operations in Pacific island countries. This course is ideal for both finance and non-finance personnel involved in disaster response operations in Pacific island countries. The course is designed for government personnel, but will be of benefit to non-government organizations, the private sector and students of finance, public administration and disaster risk management. The course should take around 60 minutes to complete.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.