Discover how Pacific Island countries are increasing financial preparedness for disasters. The Disaster Risk Finance in the Pacific e-learning will boost your understanding of disaster risk finance instruments and how they help countries prepare for disasters. Through case studies and real-world examples, you will learn how Disaster Risk Finance instruments are applied in different Pacific Island countries and the impact they have on disaster preparedness. You will also learn about principles and tools that can advance and enhance DRF in the region. The self-paced course is designed for public servants in Pacific Island Countries, personnel from Pacific regional organisations, the World Bank as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students in Finance, Public Administration, Financial Risk Management, Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change. The course should take 60-90 minutes to complete.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!