The course is designed to guide officials of government agencies in developing a BCP for their ministries or organizations. It aims to help course participants in developing a well-thought-out strategic plan to ensure continued operation of critical functions that impact government operations and services during times of crisis. Crisis can be natural, technological, or manmade, for example, Covid-19 pandemic, cyclone/typhoon, flood, tsunami, cyber-attacks, prolonged loss of electricity, explosion/terrorism, etc. The course offers participants a self-paced learning journey, with step-by-step guidance. It shares international experience, guides the process for BCP development and assists participants to complete and finalize the required templates for BCP development. Participants will learn to identify different types of threats and hazards, understand the government’s potential weaknesses and threats to deliver essential services in times of crisis and take pre-emptive measures to ser
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!