The concept of Measuring (and monitoring), Reporting and Verification (MRV) has gained significance in the design and implementation of climate change policy in the recent years, and more so after the Paris Agreement. Greenhouse gas reporting programs provide a platform to gather emissions data from entities and help mainstream emissions measurement and reporting. The course aims to support policymakers and practitioners in developing economy-wide or sector-specific GHG reporting programs that address national and sub-national priorities and objectives. It is divided in three modules and enables users to: • Enhance their knowledge of the concept and significance of MRV • Understand what constitutes a GHG reporting program, and the range of objectives that reporting programs can serve • Identify the legal framework needed to anchor the mandatory reporting program • Determine the capacities necessary to establish and implement reporting programs • Engage stakeholders during various phases of development and implementation of the reporting program • Understand various design elements that form the core of GHG reporting programs and key factors that influence design-related decisions • Delve deeper into three of the existing GHG reporting programs to further comprehend the concepts discussed in the course
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.