This course guides participants through patient surgery requirements recommended by the World Health Organization. It focuses on the methods and tools available to help a facility improve their safe surgery techniques and practices. Course Overview This training course is based on internationally recognized surgical safety practices, including patient safety requirements before, during, and after surgery. It includes the following topics: Why are safe surgery processes important? Safe Surgery Culture: What and When Establish a Safe Surgery Team Assess the Baseline of Your Safe Surgery Culture Zooming into Time Out and Sign Out Engage and Train Your Staff Common Gaps and Measuring Compliance Knowledge check Course review and next steps Objectives After taking this learning path, participants are expected to be able to: Establish
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!