Human behavior is a key determinant of health. Consider the leading risk factors for the top causes of death and disabilities: underweight mothers and children; unsafe sex; high blood pressure; smoking; alcohol abuse; unsafe water, poor sanitation and hygiene; high cholesterol; indoor smoke from solid fuels; iron deficiency; and overweight. In poor countries, two risk factors--childhood underweight and unsafe sex-- contribute more to the loss of healthy life-years in the world than all diseases and injuries in high-income countries, and they can be addressed through effective behavior-change interventions. Our standard approaches have had limited success in persuading people to adopt healthier behaviors. Information alone does not usually lead to behavior-change. New and growing evidence points to a different way of approaching behavior-change, and not only in the health sector. The challenge is to adapt this new knowledge and use it in design of reforms for UHC.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!