Land market assessments are city‐wide data collection and interpretation exercises designed to aid policymakers by improving our understanding of the land market. Using land market assessments it is possible to build up a clear picture of the geographic patterns of land prices, land uses, and real estate market activities, as well as the demand and supply of land for different market segments or income groups. This course will introduce approaches and methods to collect and analyze data on the operation of the urban land market, both formal and informal. It will demonstrate how the findings of land market assessments can be used to make better planning and investment decisions, or for research to inform policy and regulations. Our goal is to assist participants, after taking this course, to perform the following tasks: understand the nature of land market assessment methods and tools, and how they can enhance decision making; understand key land market concepts commonly used to describe the workings of the market, both in the formal and informal sectors; select and implement the best approach for assessing the land market in your particular situation, to achieve the purpose you have in mind; and apply the findings from a land market assessment to guide decision making to influence the future of your city.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!