This course aims to help participants better understand financial inclusion and teaches how a systemic approach can help make financial services markets more inclusive. This self-paced course is adaptable to any level of financial inclusion knowledge. Newcomers to financial inclusion should start with module 1 (approx. 2 hours). This module provides an overview of financial inclusion, reviews the financial needs of poor people (specifically smallholders, youth, forcibly displaced people, and women), discusses the connection between financial inclusion and the SDGs, and reviews the structure of a financial system. Module 1 also introduces digital financial services and the opportunities and risks they present for financial inclusion. Experienced staff may want to skim module 1 for CGAP insights on specific segments Module 2 introduces the systemic approach and describes tools participants can use to adopt the approach. All staff, whatever their level of experience, can benefit from taking this module. Market system diagnostics, market facilitation, M4P, adaptive management, systemic change, and the “AAER”—module 2 covers it all, providing participants with insights into how to generate sustainable change in global development.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.