Skip to Main Navigation

Human Resources


The World Bank
1818 H Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20433

Report Arrival of Parent or Parent-In-Law


The checklist outlines the steps to be followed when a G4 visa holding parent/parent-in-law joins the staff member’s household.





Action by Staff


Report the arrival via myHR Self-Service (available only if connected to the Bank's intranet) after the parent/parent-in-law arrives at the U.S.



Submit the mandatory documents listed in myHR Self-Service.

Note: The online request should be completed with all required documents within 10 calendar days of the family member’s arrival. The World Bank Group is obligated to report the event to the U.S. State Department.


Action by HR


Add the parent/parent-in-law details to the staff member’s household record.
04Register the parent/parent-in-law with the U.S. State Department.

Action by Staff


Receive a system-generated email confirming that the PID registration is completed and the PID number(s) issued.

  • A driver’s license letter is automatically issued by the State Department to the staff member and any eligible dependents via the staff member’s official email address. If the driver's license letter is not issued after receiving the PID, staff should submit a driver's license letter application via myHR Self-Service (available only if connected to the Bank's intranet).
  • If the applicant has no intention of applying for a driver's license, s/he does not have to take any action and can delete the file.