The World Bank Group supports a wide range of activities. We finance projects in various sectors of the economy; we strengthen public institutions; we support the growth of a robust private sector; and we influence efforts to combat climate change.
The range of our activities and the different levels at which we work -- global, national, and local — makes it a challenge to present the World Bank Group’s achievements and performance.
In 2013, the World Bank Group adopted a new strategy that aims at ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
Implementation of the Strategy is monitored by the World Bank Group Corporate Scorecard which was first presented in April 2014. The Scorecard is a set of indicators to track how we are progressing in light of our goals.
The Scorecard tracks over 80 indicators, divided into three categories:
- The Goals and Development Context tier reports progress on key development challenges faced by our client countries
- The Results tier reports on key sectoral and multi-sectoral results achieved by our clients implementing operations supported by us
- The Performance tier captures measures of operational and organizational effectiveness
We update the scorecards every April and October, using a system of traffic lights to show how we are progressing to meet specific targets.
New this year! With our Augmented Reality version you can access interactive content through your Smart device:
- Download Blippar on your device for free
- Use Blippar to scan the scorecard’s cover on our website (or a paper copy) to access videos, documents and more.
Last Updated: Oct 25, 2015