Rail offers a cleaner and more efficient alternative for both freight and passenger transport, and promoting its use can contribute significantly to the decarbonization of the transport sector. At this event, an expert panel reflected on several countries’ successful railway programs and discuss how these can be scaled up through innovative financing solutions.
- Dr. Mateus Magala, Minister of Transport and Communication, Mozambique
- Dr. Sigrid Evelyn Nikutta, Chairwoman of the Management Board and CEO of DB Cargo AG
- Francois Davenne, Director General, International Union of Railways (UIC)
- Binyam Reja, Global Practice Manager for Transport, World Bank
- Eric Ntagengerwa, Head of Transport and Mobility, African Union
- Lana Wong, Moderator