The Submission should be a solution to plastic issues applicable to Bangladesh. The applicant must choose one from the following windows which is most applicable to proposed solution.
· Window 1: Reduction of plastic use (e.g. innovation on alternative materials, behavior change)
· Window 2: Innovative solution (technologies/systems) for collection/sorting, recycling of low valued plastics (SLPs, MLPs) wastes or to promote segregation at source
- The submission format can be in the form of a video, a powerpoint providing more details of solutions to plastic pollution listed above.
- All participants name, age, email address and mobile number should be clearly mentioned in the submission.
- Submissions can be in English or Bangla and will be judged based on the following Criteria:
· Solution applicable for Bangladesh; Scalability/replicability; Innovativeness/creativity; Impacts – Already having demonstration is a plus; Affordability/Cost effectiveness; Evidence based – Use of available data; Inclusiveness - Collaboration with the government, private sector, as well as a community; Co-benefit – COVID-19 response, climate change, and SDGs; Operational safety and environmental safeguards
- Submissions must a) be original; b) be solely owned by Contestant, who represents that no other party has any rights or interest, whether known or unknown; and Contestant represents that it has obtained the license or permission to use materials owned by third parties granting Contestant the right to use such third party or proprietary materials for the Submission and does not violate the privacy rights of other parties. The World Bank disclaims any liability for violations of privacy, or infringements or other violations of intellectual property rights based on claims of ownership by Contestant; Contestant, by entering the Challenge, agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Bank against any third-party claims.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
- The last date of submission is December 15, 2020 Midnight (BST- Bangladesh Standard Time)
Submissions can be sent to the following email:
1. The Challenge is open to Contestants (‘Contestant”) from member countries of the World Bank. Contestants may be individuals or organizations (profit, non-profit organizations, academic). Contestants are responsible for compliance with legal requirements of their country.
2. The Innovation challenge has two categories for submission: Individual vs Organization
a. Individual Category: An individual or a team of maximum three (3) individuals may submit entries. Individuals who join teams must meet the eligibility requirements for Individual Contestants. All entrants must be of minimum of 18 years old as of August 30, 2020. Any national from a Bank member country can participate
b. Organization Category: Organizations must be legally established entities (profit, non-profit) in their respective countries. Organizations can join the challenge individually or form up to two teams. In case of an organization registered outside Bangladesh, to be able to participate, it must form a team with an entity registered in Bangladesh.
Staff, contractors and vendors of the World Bank Group, the members of the Judging Panel or any company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Challenge and their immediate family members are not eligible to join the Challenge.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the Challenge, which decision shall be final All shortlisted Submissions are subject to verification by the World Bank whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.