The COVID-19 shock could disrupt supply chains but also create new opportunities. Join this panel of government officials and private sector representatives to discuss how to support supply chains during the crisis, and how to prepare for the new normal.
OPENING REMARKS BY
- Hafez Ghanem (@HafezGhanem_WB), Vice President, East & Southern Africa, World Bank
- Victoria Kwakwa (@VictoriaKwakwa), Vice President, East Asia & Pacific Region, World Bank
- Caroline Freund (@CarolineFreund), Global Director, Trade, Investment and Competitiveness (ETIDR) and Co-Director of World Development Report (WDR) 2020, Trading for Development in the Age of Global Value Chains, World Bank
- Arkebe Oqubay, Senior Minister and Special Adviser to Prime Minister of Ethiopia
- Anas Tazi, Country Director for Ethiopia, Decathlon (One of the largest global sporting goods retailers)
- Mark Green, Executive Vice President of Global Supply Chains, PVH Group
- THUY Nguyen, Deputy Director of Industry Development Center, Vietnam Industry Agency
- Hoang Thu THUY, Assistant General Manager, Head of Global Procurement Group, Panasonic Vietnam (One of the largest global consumer electronics companies)
- Ziaur Rahman, Regional Country Manager for Bangladesh, Pakistan & Ethiopia, H&M
This event was hosted by the World Bank Chief Economist Offices of the Africa and East Asia & Pacific Regions and the Finance, Competitiveness and Innovation Global Practice.