Statement on Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project
February 1, 2013
The government of Bangladesh yesterday informed the World Bank that it is withdrawing its request of World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge.
The letter to the World Bank confirms the authorities' intent to continue the investigation of alleged corruption related to the project. The World Bank has taken note of the government's decision of not seeking renewed World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge, and it encourages the Anti-Corruption Commission to complete a full and fair investigation of the corruption allegations.
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to visit India
- Indonesia Economic Quarterly, July 2014: Hard Choices
- India: Skilled Jobs Help Rural Youth Fulfil Long-cherished Dreams