Statement on Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project
February 1, 2013
The government of Bangladesh yesterday informed the World Bank that it is withdrawing its request of World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge.
The letter to the World Bank confirms the authorities' intent to continue the investigation of alleged corruption related to the project. The World Bank has taken note of the government's decision of not seeking renewed World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge, and it encourages the Anti-Corruption Commission to complete a full and fair investigation of the corruption allegations.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”