Statement on Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project
February 1, 2013
The government of Bangladesh yesterday informed the World Bank that it is withdrawing its request of World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge.
The letter to the World Bank confirms the authorities' intent to continue the investigation of alleged corruption related to the project. The World Bank has taken note of the government's decision of not seeking renewed World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge, and it encourages the Anti-Corruption Commission to complete a full and fair investigation of the corruption allegations.
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education