LOANS & CREDITS
Benin - The Protected Areas Management Project
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, March 29, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
GEF Trust Fund Grant: US$1.9 million
IDA Grant: US$5 million equivalent
Project ID: P115963
Project Description: The objective of the project is to secure long-term funding to strengthen and consolidate the ongoing efforts for biodiversity conservation, sustainable natural resources management and eco-development in the Northern Benin Savannah ecosystems, and to establish a national protected areas network that includes marine areas.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”