LOANS & CREDITS
Solomon Islands: Telecommunications and ICT Development Project
- Elisabeth Mealey
- Tel : (202) 458-4475
Washington DC, April 6, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$3.25 million equivalent
Project ID: P113148
Project Description: The Project aims to facilitate increased access to a wide variety of reliable and affordable telecommunications services for the majority of the Solomon Islands population through efficient and well-regulated competition. The Project will support the development of a new regulatory institution “the Telecommunications Commission” designed to promote good governance in the sector. Further, through support for enabling infrastructure, the Project will pave the way for more widespread application of information communication technologies (ICT) supporting economic and social development, including greater opportunities for women.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”