LOANS & CREDITS
Solomon Islands: Telecommunications and ICT Development Project
- Elisabeth Mealey
- Tel : (202) 458-4475
Washington DC, April 6, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$3.25 million equivalent
Project ID: P113148
Project Description: The Project aims to facilitate increased access to a wide variety of reliable and affordable telecommunications services for the majority of the Solomon Islands population through efficient and well-regulated competition. The Project will support the development of a new regulatory institution “the Telecommunications Commission” designed to promote good governance in the sector. Further, through support for enabling infrastructure, the Project will pave the way for more widespread application of information communication technologies (ICT) supporting economic and social development, including greater opportunities for women.
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to visit India
- Indonesia Economic Quarterly, July 2014: Hard Choices
- India: Skilled Jobs Help Rural Youth Fulfil Long-cherished Dreams