LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Private Sector Development Project
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, June 20, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$8 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to increase productive employment through enterprise development in the information technology (IT) sector, enhanced IT skills, and improved access to finance. The project has three components: (i) development of the IT/IT enabled services (ITES) sector by establishing an IT Park and related infrastructure and IT promotion services; (ii) development of an IT skills program; and (iii) strengthening the financial sector through IT investments.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”