LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Private Sector Development Project
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, June 20, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$8 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to increase productive employment through enterprise development in the information technology (IT) sector, enhanced IT skills, and improved access to finance. The project has three components: (i) development of the IT/IT enabled services (ITES) sector by establishing an IT Park and related infrastructure and IT promotion services; (ii) development of an IT skills program; and (iii) strengthening the financial sector through IT investments.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth