The aim of this course is to provide a basic introduction to innovation and innovation policy making. The course will discuss the concept of innovation policy, walk through pragmatic innovation strategies derived from principles and experiences, and discuss the government’s basic roles in innovation policy making. After completing this course, each participant should have a concrete understanding of innovation and the major components of innovation policy, and be able to make policy recommendations for innovation policy reforms in his/her own country. The course is organized into six modules that explore different aspects of innovation and innovation policy making. Each module incorporates the basic content of the topic covered, as well as cases that demonstrate how the particular content of interest is/was put into practice. Each module also includes quizzes, interactive exercises and moderated discussion forums that help participants measure what they have learned. The course ends wi
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!