What do you do?
The World Bank Treasury processes over $7 trillion in annual cash flows and has assets under management over $150 billion. My primary responsibility is to ensure our settled cash and fixed income positions align with many custodian banks and resolve discrepancies.
What’s your typical day?
- Perform investment cash reconciliation to confirm all trades settled as expected.
- Execute fixed income reconciliation and notify relevant parties of any discrepancies.
- Perform Net Asset Value (NAV) reconciliations on assigned portfolios.
- Participate in new client onboarding activities.
- Work with team members on system upgrades/improvements.
How does your upbringing make you better at work?
I grew up in a close-knit yet culturally diverse community in Zambia, where mutual respect was the social fabric that kept us together. I believe respecting people, regardless of their background or beliefs, is essential to a healthy workplace. Simply put, it helps my team perform at their best.