The competition will have participation from teams consisting of two members – one designer and one weaver. Each team is required to produce original designs in jpg format inspired by Bhutanese culture and traditions, and the designers need to collaborate with the weavers to develop a 35 cm × 35 cm prototype of the design in woven cloth.
Each Team, consisting of a weaver and a designer, is required to:
(i) Register at RTA as one team by December 30, 2023 (5 PM Bhutan time)
(ii) Submit a digital design in jpg format by February 15, 2024 with a brief description of the design mentioning the software used for the design
(iii) Submit a 35 cm x 35 cm fabric textile produced by the weaver by February 15, 2024
(iv) Submit a short description of scalability of the design as well as the team's ideas on how to improve sustainability and working conditions of the weavers by February 15, 2024
Note: All submissions need to be sealed with the Registration/Serial number of the teams specified on them. From the shortlisted submissions, the Jury will examine the and rank the top three (3) teams. The final rankings will be disclosed and announced during a public event in March 2024.
- Top 15 contestants will receive certificates.
- The 1st placed team will receive prize money of Nu 150,000 for each member and a chance to visit the World Bank Headquarter in Washington, D.C., attending a grand textile exhibition.
- The 2nd placed team will receive prize money of Nu 100,000 for each member.
- The 3rd placed team will receive prize money of Nu 50,000 for each member.
- Each member of the top 3 teams will receive a laptop computer.
Deadline for registration: 30th December, 2023
Deadline for submission: 15th February, 2024
Contact Neten Dorji at +97517245029 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries and registration.