This virtual course is designed for professionals responsible for managing field research. It is intended to improve the skills and knowledge of field research practitioners, familiarizing them with best practices, critical issues in research implementation, recurring challenges, and cutting-edge technologies. Through the course, participants will gain practical skills in preparing for field research, ensuring quality field research, and communication with a strong emphasis on data privacy and research ethics. By the end of the course, participants will have the skills they need to implement high-quality field research.
This self-paced course will take place virtually from June 7 to June 21, 2023. The course is designed for development practitioners, and public servants involved with primary data collection for research or monitoring and evaluation. The course will use a combination of recorded lectures and virtual group discussions, assigned readings, and quizzes.
Participants will learn to:
- Plan for and supervise high-quality field research
- Acquire quality data
- Design and program electronic survey instruments
- Develop a data quality assurance strategy
- Monitor implementation to ensure fidelity to research design
- Assess research data quality and provide real-time feedback
- Integrate monitoring and evaluation systems with research data
The expected time commitment is 15-20 hours (depending on familiarity with the topics) across the two weeks of the course.