This webinar will explore the main challenges and new priorities for municipalities hosting refugees, and actions undertaken in collaboration with the private sector to mitigate the crisis. The discussion will include a presentation of the latest findings collected by the CMI from surveys, assessments, and consultations among local representatives during the pandemic, as well as testimonies of municipalities from Jordan, Palestine, and Turkey. The event will particularly showcase how local authorities can face the new challenges of COVID-19 and speed up economic recovery by attracting investments and stimulating the local business environment to support both displaced populations and host communities.
- Blanca Moreno-Dodson, Manager, Center for Mediterranean Integration
- Sara Boughedir, Consultant, Center for Mediterranean Integration
- Giulia Marchesini, Senior Partnership Specialist, Center for Mediterranean Integration
- Fuat Ozharat, Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey
- Nadine Burbar, Head of Local Economic Development and Deputy Chief Resilience Officer, Ramallah Municipality, Palestine
- Reham Jammal, Director of Planning Department & Director of International Projects and Programs Unit, Greater Irbid Municipality, Jordan
- Vara Vemuru, Practice Manager, Social Sustainability and Inclusion, World Bank