The peer-to-peer learning fostered learning by sharing reform experiences, challenges and best practices in the core thematic areas of the IBEP program: business regulation, investment policy and promotion, and markets and competition policy. In addition, it explored ways to increase the inclusion of gender-informed and gender-targeted initiatives in the IBEP country programs.
The event provided the opportunity for government officials to share and acquire knowledge, and to discuss solutions for increased economic empowerment of women through investment climate reforms. Participants were provided with specific tools to operationalize the inclusion of gender elements in their respective country programs. Specific sessions addressed topics such as:
- Best practices in investment incentives design and administration;
- Experiences with establishing regulatory oversight bodies;
- Effectively open specific national and subnational markets to competition;
- Making Business Environment Reforms Work for Women;
- Solutions for Gender-Focused Reforms.
The next peer-to-peer learning event is planned for 2020.