The World Bank Group is proudly partnering with the African youth organization, Ideas for Action Africa, in holding its first ever event in Africa:
- IdeaLab, on January 30th 2018 in Abuja, at the African University of Science and Technology (AUST), and
- Information Session, on February 8th at the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
Ideas for Action Africa is working on promoting the Ideas for Action Initiative, a joint program of the World Bank Group and the Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research at the Wharton School. This program aims to engage the help of young people from around the world to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It invites today’s younger generation into the conversation about SDGs, and gives them an exceptional opportunity to take an active role in delivering them by finding innovative solutions for financing and implementing the SDGs through the I4A Competition.
The IdeaLab is a one day event, and the Information Session a half-day event. Both are open to young people between 18 and 35 years. The events aim to bring together young leaders to deepen their understanding of the 2030 development agenda, connect with peers passionate about similar issues, and generate as many proposals for the Ideas for Action competition as possible.
The event is bringing in experts from the worlds of international development, academia, and the private sector, as well as winners of the last I4A Competition edition.
The purpose is to make more young people across the continent:
- Aware of what the Sustainable Development Goals are, and the challenges behind financing the future of development
- Recognize the importance of youth involvement in the conversation about sustainable development in Africa,
- Inform people about the I4A competition and prepare them to participate in it
- Join the I4A platform by participating in the next I4A competitions
The Keynote Address at the IdeaLab in Abuja will be given by Rachid Benmessaoud, Country Director of the World Bank Nigeria, and the Keynote Address at the Information Session in Lagos will be given by Eme Essien, Country Manager of IFC Nigeria.
The speakers at the two events are as follow:
- Prof. Djordjija Petkoski - Lecturer and Senior Fellow at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Delphine Anglo - President, Ideas for Action Africa
- Paul Alaje - Senior Economist, SPM PROFESSIONALS
- Ned Shell - MBA/MPP Candidate, Harvard Business School & Harvard Kennedy School
- Nwachinemere Emeka Obewe - Founder, Kitovu Technolgy & First Place Winner of 2017 I4A Competition
- Mukose Andrew - Founder and CEO, Gifted Hands Network & Snd Place Winner of 2017 I4A Competition
The event will be moderated by Samuel Udeji, VP Anglophone Africa of Ideas for Action Africa.
Please find attached the prospectus containing the events’ agendas and the speakers’ presentations.
Joins US, we are waiting for YOU:
- in Abuja on January 30th 2018, and
- in Lagos on February 8th 2018!
Please note that the seating capacity is limited and an online registration is required!