The role of effective nutrition-sensitive social protection programs has been increasing and the current global development agenda calls for raising the profile of nutrition by ensuring strong leadership and commitment at all levels and across multiple sectors. The Global Forum on Nutrition-Sensitive Social Protection Programs will support these efforts by contributing to the evidence base for policy options and operations/operational actions.
The Global Forum aims to:
- Better understand existing needs of countries to assist them in setting up well-functioning nutrition-sensitive social protection programs.
- Support countries in catalyzing, building commitments for, designing, establishing, managing, and scaling up nutrition-sensitive social protection programs.
- Disseminate best policies and practices and innovative approaches.
- Improve access to knowledge and build awareness related to nutrition-sensitive social protection.
- Facilitate South-South and Triangular cooperation and exchange of experience and lessons learned.
- Enhance coordination and cooperation among development partners.
- Promote engagement of all interested stakeholders.