Co-hosted by the World Bank Group and the UNEP Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial System, this event will feature a panel discussion on innovative practices that can better align the financial system with sustainable development.
The session will cover early findings of the UNEP Inquiry, national innovation experience from leading central banks, financial regulators and standard-setters, and contributions from international financial institutions as to how these innovations might support the more effective development of financial and capital markets and their role in financing sustainable development.
• Ma Jun, Chief Economist, People's Bank of China
• Rachel Kyte, Group Vice President and Special Envoy, Climate Change, World Bank Group
• Murilo Portugal, President, FEBRABAN (Brazilian Bankers Association)
• Nick Robins, Co-Director, UNEP Inquiry
• Laurence Tubiana, Special Representative of the Minister of Foreign Affairs for the 2015 Paris Climate Conference; Ambassador for Climate Negotiations, France
• Adair Turner, Senior Fellow, Institute for New Economic Thinking
• Simon Zadek, Co-Director, UNEP Inquiry