The Forum for Agricultural Risk Management in Development (FARMD) 2014 Annual Conference will focus on: Managing Agricultural Risks in a Changing Climate in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The two-day conference will bring together more than 200 participants from the public and private sectors, academia, farmer organizations, and development organizations. The objective of this conference is to understand climate change and its implications for agricultural risk management in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Emphasis will be put on the different interventions, tools and strategies that help manage agricultural risks in the short run while building resilience to climate change in longer run. Solution-oriented sessions will be devoted to a range of topics, including:
- Climate change trends and risks;
- Extreme weather events and subsequent impacts on agricultural production systems;
- Implications of climate change on pest and disease outbreaks;
- Climate change and market risks;
- Climate change and enabling environment risks; and
- Agricultural risk management for building resilience to climate change.
The FARMD Annual Conference 2014 will be held at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa on November 4–5, 2014. A Welcome & Networking Reception will be offered on November 3, 2014, in the evening.
Last Updated: Oct 21, 2014